Groomed and tracked trails provide both novice and advanced skiers an excellent cross-country ski experience.
Sagawau Nordic is open the third week of December through the first weekend in March, weather permitting. Call for exact opening date. Lessons and rentals are available on a first come, first served basis. Facilities include a warming lodge, restrooms, drinking fountains, picnic tables and free parking.
↓ Jump to: Location & Hours | Trails | Rentals | Lessons
Location & Hours
Sagawau Environmental Learning Center
12545 West 111th St
Lemont, IL 60439
Trails: 9 am – 4 pm daily, conditions permitting (call 630-257-2045 for current conditions)
Lodge: 9 am – 3:45 pm daily
Note: Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day
Tracked & Groomed Trails
Our trails provide both novice and advanced skiers an excellent cross-country ski experience. We groom and track our trails after fresh snowfall or as needed. When planning a trip, please remember:
- All ski programs are snow dependent. Call 630-257-2045 for trail conditions.
- Trail pass (free from the Lodge) must be displayed while skiing.
- No pets or alcohol, please.
(View PDF map)
Ski Equipment Rental
Rentals available from 9 am to 2 pm. Equipment must be returned by 3:45 pm. Rental Package includes skis, bindings, boots and poles. Classic and skate skis available. All children and adult sizes. Rates range from $5 to $30 per person:
- Individual: $15/person
- Senior: $10/person
- Family: $40/family
- Group (10 or more, Mon-Fri only): $5/person
- Lesson/Rental Combo: $30/person
To Rent Equipment:
- You must supply a valid driver’s license or $100 deposit.
- You must be 18 years or older, or accompanied by parent or guardian.
Equipment is for use at Sagawau only.
Cross-Country Ski Lessons
Learn to ski with a PSIA-certified professional ski instructor! Lessons cover the basic skills of flatland skiing and getting up and down easy hills.
- Saturdays and Sundays at 9:30 am from January through the first weekend in March.
- For ages 12 and up.
- First come, first served; limit 12. No reservations.
- A parent or guardian must sign for children under 18.
- Be aware, ski with care. Use courtesy and common sense.
- Ski within your ability. Consider visibility, speed and terrain, especially on hills.
- Keep to designated trails.
- Obey all signs; ski trails are one-way.
- Respect Ski Lesson Zone when students are present.
- Left side of trails are groomed for skating, right side for classic skiing.
- Trail users ahead or downslope have the right of way. Announce your presence when passing.
- Keep a safe distance from other skiers.
- When stopped, please move off track.
- Please do not litter.
- Trail pass must be displayed.