- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn: Climate Change: Local Governments Commitment to Future Generations
Date & Time:
Local government agencies in this region are working hard to ensure that they align with the 2018 United Nations: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) call to dramatically reduce carbon emissions and promote climate resiliency. This event will host various local government agency senior sustainability officers, who will discuss what they are doing to achieve the IPCC’s recommendations, so that future generation will live in a world and county that is resilient and sustainable.
- Edith Makra (Moderator), Director of Environmental Initiatives, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- Deborah Stone, Chief Sustainability Officer, Cook County
- Angela Tovar, Chief Sustainability Officer, City of Chicago
- Sandrine Schultz, Director of Energy & Sustainability, Chicago Public Schools
- Anthony Tindall, Policy & Sustainability Manager, Forest Preserves of Cook County