Make a commitment to a grove, river, lake, or trail and clean up litter at your adopted site from April through November.
The Forest Preserves will help you choose a site and provide an Adopt-A-Site kit with everything you need for your cleanups.
The Forest Preserves will support your site by:
- Installing an adoption sign at the site after you complete your 8 cleanups
- Providing necessary permits and safety information
- Providing trash bags and gloves
- Offering ongoing access to knowledgeable staff as a resource
- Collecting and disposing of filled litter bags and other debris cleared from the adoption site
Just about anyone can take part: individuals, families, schools, youth groups, civic groups, clubs, organizations, fraternities, and faith groups.
A coordinator will help connect you to an available site when you sign up for the opportunity.
Contact Joanna Huyck at email@example.com or 773-631-1790 with any questions.