- 2020 Budget Appropriation Ordinance (PDF)
- 2020 Budget Recommendation (PDF)
- 2020 Budget Address (PDF)
- 2019 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- Conservation & Policy Council 2019 Annual Report & 2020 Budget Recommendation (PDF)
- Five Year Implementation Strategy for the Next Century Conservation Plan – 2020 Update (PDF)
President Preckwinkle Presents 2020 Budget Recommendation
Forest Preserves of Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle introduced the 2020 Budget Recommendation to the Forest Preserves of Cook County Board of Commissioners on October 22, 2019.
For Fiscal Year 2020, the Forest Preserves of Cook County total budget request for all funds is $124.6 million dollars, an increase of 3.8 percent over last year. This includes $23.3 million dollars to continue to fund our world-class institutional partners the Brookfield Zoo and the Chicago Botanic Garden, both the same level as last year.
The Corporate budget request, which funds the day-to-day operations of the District, is $63.5 million, which is 1.4 percent higher than last year from a tax-levy increase that captures the rate of inflation. This additional $1.5 million is allocated for anticipated cost-of-living adjustments, rising health care costs, insurance claims, and necessary capital projects.
The proposed budget for 2020 reflects the fiscal discipline that we have instituted over the years. It illustrates the vision and capacity at the District and among our partners to effectively and efficiently marshal the resources that are entrusted to us.