Is your community group or nonprofit organization interested in visiting the Forest Preserves of Cook County? Have you been limited by the cost of transportation? Our Nature Express Bus program can help your group access Forest Preserves events and amenities, or visit our partner organizations, the Chicago Botanic Garden and
the Brookfield Zoo. Best of all, it’s free.
To qualify, your group must have a minimum of 25 participants and demonstrate a need for transportation funding. In order to provide equal access, groups are limited to one free bus per calendar year.
Groups can visit a forest preserve to get out into nature, or have some natural fun at one of our big annual events, including Teen Exploration Day, Beaubien Woods Celebration, Fall Paddle Fest or Kids Fest. A trip to the Chicago Botanic Garden or Brookfield Zoo includes the price of admission (black-out dates include the Garden’s Orchid Show, Light Scape, and Night of 1,000 Jack-o-lanterns, and the Zoo’s Holiday Magic light festival).
- Ensure that your group has a minimum of 25 passengers for the bus.
- Designate one or more group leaders—they will be the main contact for all Nature Express Bus communications.
- Complete the application and email it to email@example.com.
- Groups can expect to hear back with a decision within three weeks.
- The Forest Preserves will provide your group leader with a copy of the bus confirmation.
- Report back! After your trip, you will be sent a survey to complete. Let us know about your group’s experience and share two fun photos that sum up your trip.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.