Located in Chicago, Whealan Pool offers zero-depth entry, large body slides, small children’s slides, play features, a multi-lane lap area, a water playground, lounge areas, and a concession stand.
On this page:
Aquatic Centers Open in 2022
Whealan Pool Aquatic Center opens at 4 pm on Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
Once open, hours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (773-775-1666) ahead or check the Facebook page for the latest information.
All aquatic centers will follow the current CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Cook County Public Health COVID-19 guidelines throughout the season.
Location & Hours
Whealan Pool Aquatic Center
Things to Do & Amenities
- Service dogs are allowed at most public locations. View accessibility policies.
HoursHours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (773-775-1666) ahead or check the Facebook page to confirm.
Closures & Alerts
Hours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (773-775-1666) ahead or check the Facebook page for the latest information.
June 8 – June 11:
- Wednesday – Friday: 4 pm to 8 pm
June 12 – August 13:
- Every day: 12 pm to 7 pm
August 14 – September 5:
- Saturday – Sunday: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Monday – Friday: 4 pm to 7 pm
- Labor Day (September 5): 12 pm to 7pm
Single Day Admission
Single day admission must be purchased in person. Refunds are not available for any reason, including inclement weather.
|3 years old & under||FREE|
|4 to 12 years old||$5|
|13 years & older||$7|
Season passes may be purchased online or in person. Refunds are not available for any reason, including inclement weather.
|Family Pass (up to 4 members)||$160|
|Family Pass (up to 5 members)||$191|
|Family Pass (6 or more members)||$223|
Lessons at Whealan Pool Aquatic Center are 30 minutes long. There are weekday morning and evening sessions that meet two times per week, as well as Saturday morning lessons. There are a limited number of slots for each session and registration closes two days before the session start date.
Registration opens May 1, 2022. For more information regarding swim lessons please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-794-6411, extension 2.
We are not offering swim lessons at Cermak Family Aquatic Center or Green Lake Family Aquatic Center at this time.
Host your pool party at one of our aquatic centers! Semi-private parties are offered daily during regular hours—from 12:30 to 3 pm or 3:30 to 6 pm—and include admissions for 20 people (include party host), a reserved 12′ X 12′ tent, and two picnic tables.
Booking information will be available April 15, 2022.
- Obey the lifeguards and follow pool rules. They are there for your safety.
- All persons are required to shower before entering the pool area.
- Food and drink is only permitted in the concession seating area; no outside food or drink (except water) is allowed anywhere in the facility.
- Clean and proper swimwear is required.
- Parents or guardians should supervise their children at all times; children under age 8 should be kept within arm’s reach.
- Please walk on the pool deck; no running.
- Only clean footwear and wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area; strollers are not allowed.
- Persons with open wounds, excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, or bandages of any kind cannot be allowed in the water.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices/toys are allowed. This will be indicated on the device.
- No smoking allowed in the pool area.
- The Forest Preserves of Cook County cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- State law requires that when lightning and/or thunder occur the pool deck and all outside areas must be cleared for 30 minutes; the Forest Preserves cannot issue refunds in the event of inclement weather.
- All children who are not toilet-trained must wear swim diapers and tight fitting rubber or plastic pants
- Please do not change diapers on the pool deck. Changing tables are available in the locker rooms.