Located in Chicago, Whealan Pool offers zero-depth entry, large body slides, small children’s slides, play features, a multi-lane lap area, a water playground, lounge areas, and a concession stand.
On this page:
Aquatic Centers 2023 Season
We are excited to welcome you back for the 2023 season!
Once open, hours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (773-775-1666) ahead or check the Facebook page for the latest information.
All aquatic centers will follow the current CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Cook County Public Health COVID-19 guidelines throughout the season.
Location & Hours
Whealan Pool Aquatic Center
Things to Do & Amenities
- Service dogs are allowed at most public locations. View accessibility policies.
HoursHours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (773-775-1666) ahead or check the Facebook page to confirm.
Closures & Alerts
Hours vary throughout the season and aquatic centers may close temporarily due to weather—always call (708-447-0715) ahead or check the Facebook page for the latest information.
June 24 – August 12:
- Every day: 12 pm to 7 pm
August 13 – September 4:
- Saturday – Sunday: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Monday – Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 4 pm to 7 pm
- Labor Day (September 4): 12 pm to 7pm
Single Day Admission
Single day admission must be purchased in person. Refunds are not available for any reason, including inclement weather.
|3 years old & under||FREE|
|4 to 12 years old||$5|
|13 years & older||$7|
Season passes may be purchased online or in person. Refunds are not available for any reason, including inclement weather. Passes purchased online will be mailed out to the purchaser’s primary household during the second week of May.
|Family Pass (up to 4 members)||$160|
|Family Pass (up to 5 members)||$191|
|Family Pass (6 or more members)||$223|
Lessons at Whealan Pool Aquatic Center are 30 minutes long. There are weekday morning and evening sessions that meet two times per week, as well as Saturday morning lessons. There are a limited number of slots for each session and registration closes two days before the session start date.
Registration opens April 15, 2023. For more information regarding swim lessons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708-794-6411, extension 2.
We are currently not offering swim lessons at Cermak Family Aquatic Center or Green Lake Family Aquatic Center.
Host your pool party at one of our aquatic centers!
- Pool Party packages are available daily for 2 hours from 12 pm – 2 pm, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm and 5 pm – 7 pm.
- Pool Party packages cost $250 and include admission for 20 guests, reserved space for guests with a 12’ x 12’ tent and 2 picnic tables. Additional guests are $7, up to a maximum of 30 guests.
- To reserve your date, you can book online or visit one of the three aquatic centers during normal operating hours to complete your reservation.
- You are welcome to bring your own cake or cupcakes. All other food and refreshments must be arranged through the Pool Fuel Café concession stand. Visit catering.poolfuelcafe.com for more information and to place catering orders.
For reservation inquiries, email email@example.com
- Obey the lifeguards and follow pool rules. They are there for your safety.
- Parents or guardians must supervise children under 14 at all times; children under age 8 should be kept within arm’s reach.
- No smoking allowed in the pool area.
- Please walk on the pool deck; no running.
- Feet-first entry is required from the pool deck at all times.
- Only clean footwear and wheelchairs are allowed in the pool area; strollers are not allowed.
- All persons are required to shower before entering the pool area.
- Clean and proper swimwear is required.
- Only service animals are permitted at the facility; all other pets are not allowed.
- Food and drinks are permitted in the concession seating area only; no outside food or drink (except water) is allowed anywhere in the facility. Glass containers are prohibited.
- Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices/toys are allowed. This will be indicated on the device.
- All children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers and tight-fitting rubber or plastic pants. Swim diapers are available at the concession stand.
- Please do not change diapers on the pool deck. Changing tables are available in locker rooms.
- Persons with open wounds, excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed or bandages of any kind cannot be allowed in the water.
- Management may close the pool if the air temperature drops below 70 degrees or if a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of guests; the Forest Preserves cannot issue refunds in such circumstances.
- State law requires that when lightning and/or thunder occur, the pool deck and all outside areas must be cleared for 30 minutes; the Forest Preserves cannot issue refunds in the event of inclement weather.
- Swim lessons, personal training and coaching are allowed by authorized management-providers only.
- Leaders of organized groups assume responsibility for the actions and behavior of their group while at the facility.
- The Forest Preserves and aquatic center are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- This is a zero-tolerance facility; guests that fail to comply with rules will be asked to leave with no refund or rain check.