The Next Century Conservation Plan (2014) for the Forest Preserves of Cook County is an ambitious blueprint for the future. The NCCP lays out a set of bold actions to make Cook County a national leader in urban conservation. The NCCP calls for massive restoration and expansion of protected lands, as well as a commitment to making the preserves more accessible to the diverse people of Cook County.
- November 30: Board of Commissioners meeting on increased tax levy and FY 2023 budget amendments
- Clear Air, Clean Water, and Wildlife Habitat Protection Referendum
- Major Renovations Begin on Forest Preserves of Cook County’s Des Plaines Trail
- President Preckwinkle Cuts Ribbon on Schuth’s Grove Accessible Canoe and Kayak Launch
- Ribbon Cut on New Trails in Northwest Cook County for Mountain Bikers, Trail Runners