While many animals in the Chicago region spend the winter months in varying states of torpor, there are only three true hibernators here: the groundhog (also known as the woodchuck), thirteen-lined ground squirrel and Franklin’s ground squirrel.
- Clear Air, Clean Water, and Wildlife Habitat Protection Referendum
- Celebrating Black History Month
- Winter in the Preserves: There’s Still Plenty to Do!
- Five Fun Facts about Eastern Milk Snakes
- President Preckwinkle Encourages Public to Commit to Day of Service in Honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.