The Forest Preserve District of Cook County’s Camping Master Plan is complete. Thank you to everyone who participated in focus groups, webinars and interviews, and provided feedback through the online survey.
The Camping Master Plan outlines a variety of offerings to serve youth, families, groups and individuals of all ages, interests and backgrounds. The plan emphasizes primitive camping and envisions a series of related yet diverse camping experiences built by reinvesting in and revitalizing existing camps, creating new camping destinations, and developing special event campsites near nature centers.
Work on the initial sites is expected to begin in the summer 2013, with the initial sites completed by the end of 2013.
- Camp Reinberg (existing) – Palatine
- Camp Sullivan (existing) – Tinley Park
- Camp Pine Woods (new) – Northbrook
- Camp Bullfrog Lake/Pulaski Woods (new) – Willow Springs
- Shabonna Woods (new) – South Holland
- Kiwanis Equestrian Camp (new) – Willow Springs
- Skokie Lagoons (new) – Glencoe/Winnetka
- Thatcher Woods (new) – River Forest
Click here to download the complete plan (PDF)
Our weather forecast is from WP Wunderground