On this page:
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Restrictions
Camp Reinberg, Camp Sullivan and Camp Bullfrog Lake are open from Wednesday evening to Sunday morning for tents and cabins, and every day for RVs.
Group campsites are closed and bunkhouses at Camp Sullivan are restricted to 25% capacity until further notice.
Please read COVID-19 rules and information before making a reservation.
Online reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your stay. If you are interested in a last minute reservation or Organized Group Campsites, please choose the phone or in-person options.
Reserve by Phone
Call 855-YES-CAMP (855-937-2267) to make a reservation by phone, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Reserve In Person
Not Currently Available
Visit Camp Sullivan, Camp Bullfrog Lake or Camp Reinberg, seven days a week from 8 am to 4 pm (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day) to make an in person reservation at any campground. Same-day reservations can be made at the specific campground—call ahead to make sure staff is onsite.
Full Campground Rental & Private Events
Not Currently Available
Our campgrounds are perfect for one-of-a-kind weddings, family reunions or corporate retreats. Full campground rental includes exclusive use of all campsites, pavilions, dining halls and activity areas (as applicable based on campground). Applications accepted starting Oct. 16 for the following year. Reservations must be made at the campground at least 10 business days in advance.
Exclusive use of campgrounds is permitted Sunday through Thursday year-round. Limited dates are available for Friday and Saturday.
Learn more about amenities and pricing for individual campgrounds:
- Camp Reinberg (Palatine, IL)
- Camp Bullfrog Lake (Willow Springs, IL)
- Camp Sullivan (Oak Forest, IL)
- Camp Dan Beard (Northbrook, IL)
- Camp Shabbona Woods (South Holland, IL)
COVID-19 Rules & Information
- Camp Reinberg, Camp Sullivan and Camp Bullfrog Lake are open from Wednesday evening to Sunday morning for tents and cabins, and every day for RVs. Bunkhouses are available for family groups at Camp Sullivan at reduced capacity.
- Follow health guidelines:
- Do not visit if you are sick or experiencing symptoms, or if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
- Physical distancing: Always keep a minimum distance of six feet from campers who live outside of your household.
- Masks are required inside buildings and where physical distancing isn’t possible. Follow CDC guidelines on proper use.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Carry and use hand sanitizer if you touch surfaces like doorknobs and handrails.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes (preferably with a disposable tissue).
- When bathrooms are in use, please wait outside or come back later.
- Shower facilities are closed until July 3.
- Nature play areas are closed.
- Firewood will be delivered to your campsite; call the office for additional firewood ($5/bundle).
Rules & Policies
Making a Reservation
- The camper applying for a reservation must be 18 years or older to reserve a campsite and 21 years or older to reserve a cabin.
- You may book up to 6 consecutive nights.
- Campground capacities are as follows:
- Tent Campsite: 6 people
- RV/Tent Campsite (With Electricity): 6 people
- Small Cabin: 8 people
- Large Cabin: 10 people
- Small Bunkhouse: 16 people
- Large Bunkhouse: 36 people
- Maximum length of RV/Popup or Camper cannot exceed 40 feet at applicable campgrounds.
Cancelling a Reservation
Refunds apply only to rental fees and are prorated according the table below. Refunds do not apply to additional fees (example: Special Use Items).
|Days prior to reservation||Refund|
|60 days or more||100%|
|30 – 59 days||75%|
|15 – 29 days||25%|
|under 14 days||none|
- The Forest Preserves is not responsible for cancellations due to weather.
- No refunds will be issued if a member of the camping party on the reservation is ejected for a violation of rules or policies.
- The Forest Preserves reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time. If a reservation is cancelled by Forest Preserves staff for any reason, a full refund will be issued.
Check-in & Check-out
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 pm.
- Check-out time is 12:00 pm.
- Changes to campsite or cabin location are accommodated when possible, depending on availability. Please direct requests to the campground staff during check-in.
- The campers’ copy of their reservation must be displayed on the provided post designating the campsite/cabin.
Operating & Quiet Hours
- Campgrounds close at 10 pm. While patrons may leave at any time, re-entry is only allowed from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Quiet hours are from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Up to two (2) vehicles are allowed per reservation in designated driveways. Parking placards are provided to registered campers and must be displayed at all times.
- Visitor hours are from 8 am to 10 pm. Visitors can use designated public parking areas.
- Number of registered campers and unregistered visitors cannot exceed the capacity of your campsite/cabin.
- Only registered campers can stay overnight. Unregistered visitors must leave by 10 pm.
- Pets must be registered at the time of check-in, on a leash at all times (up to 8 feet long), attended to at all times, and all pet refuse removed.
- Pets are not allowed in cabins; service animals will be permitted.
- Children younger than 18 years old must be under adult supervision at all times. Supervision is not provided by the staff.
- Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated. Alcohol consumption is prohibited while camping with youth groups.
Protecting Natural Resources
- No outside firewood is allowed. One bundle of firewood will be provided free of charge at check-in and additional firewood will be available for purchase. Due to regulations regarding the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer, firewood cannot be brought to or leave the campgrounds.
- Campfires are only allowed in designated fire pits. Campers must extinguish all fires before leaving. Hot coals can be disposed of in camp fire pits.
- Please protect our preserves. Do not cut, break, injure or remove any shrubs, trees or flowers. Driving nails, screws or other objects into trees or otherwise disrupting the natural environment is prohibited.
- Please dispose of trash and refuse, including animal waste, in designated containers.
- Firearms and weapons are prohibited on Forest Preserves land except those possessed or utilized by official law enforcement personnel.
- Swimming is prohibited in all Forest Preserves waterways.
- Glass beverage containers are prohibited.
- Generators are prohibited.
- Electric heaters are prohibited.
- Cooking in cabins without kitchen is prohibited.
- If adverse weather creates an unsafe environment, campers are advised to take shelter in the closest public building with four walls and a roof for shelter (shower/bathroom or office buildings are the most suitable).
- In an emergency, call 911 and then call the campground office.
Campers and visitors are subject to all Forest Preserves of Cook County rules, regulations and ordinances and may be ticketed and/or ejected for any violations. Campers are financially responsible for any damage to campground property, other customer’s property and any other third-party property caused by the camper, or the camper’s guests, visitors and pets.