Approved Vendors for Picnics & Events

a person on an inflatable zip line run

Forest Preserves picnic and event permit holders can obtain Special Use Items (inflatables, generators, tents, chairs, etc.) directly through approved vendors without any additional insurance requirements.

On this page:

How to Use an Approved Vendor

  1. Obtain a Forest Preserves Picnic/Event permit.
  2. Rent a Special Use Item (inflatables, generators, tents, chairs, etc.) through a vendor listed below (be sure to provide the approved vendor with a copy of your permit).
  3. Approved vendor will issue you a rental agreement listing items you have rented for your event.
  4. Submit rental agreement(s) and Special Use Items request form to the Forest Preserves Permit Office.
  5. Forest Preserves reaches out to permit holder to collect payment (fees: $25 processing fee + $10/item).
  6. Permit holder receives an updated permit with Special Use Item(s) included.

Please note:

  • Special Use Item request forms and documentation received less than two weeks prior to the event date may be denied or subject to a $25 late fee.
  • Permit holders must apply directly with the Forest Preserves to add a Special Use Item to their permit.
  • Outdoor use of Special Use Items must end by one hour before sunset or 7:30 pm—whichever is earlier.
  • Vendors may charge permit holders additional fees for providing insurance coverage
  • Permit holders are not required to use approved vendors.

Approved Vendor List

View maps showing the five geographic zones.

Apply to Become an Approved Vendor

Inclusion on the approved vendor list does not guarantee any business from Forest Preserves permit holders.