On this page:
Location & Things to Do
Dam No. 4 Woods-East
Things to Do & Amenities
- Accessible Portable Bathroom
- Trail Access
- Hiking & Walking
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Portable bathroom open May 1 to October 31 depending on weather conditions.
- Accessible Grove #2
- Accessible May 1 to October 31.
- Distance to parking: 150 ft
- Distance to accessible portable bathroom: 135 ft
- Capacity: 200 people
HoursYear-round: Sunrise to Sunset
Closures & Alerts
The unpaved Des Plaines River Trail follows its namesake river through more than a dozen forest preserves, allowing visitors to enjoy casual strolls, full-day adventures and anything in between.
Location: Chicago, Des Plaines, Glenview, Melrose Park, Mount Prospect, Northbrook, Park Ridge, River Forest, Rosemont, Schiller Park & Wheeling