The owner and any operator of a snowmobile, registered with the State of Illinois and the Forest Preserves of Cook County, shall abide by all the rules and regulations set forth by the State of Illinois and the Forest Preserves of Cook County, including the following:
Snowmobiles may be operated:
- Only on days when the soil is frozen with a minimum snow depth of four (4) inches and temperatures are constant 20 degrees or less
- Only in the designated areas of the Forest Preserves listed above, between the hours of 10:00 am and 10:00 pm
No snowmobiles shall be operated at any time:
- Unless equipped with working headlights, tail-lights, brakes, and a proper muffler of the type which comes as standard equipment with the snowmobile.
- In a reckless or careless manner
- In excess of 40 mph
- While the operator is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- In parking lots (except for the purpose of loading or unloading)
- In any manner intended or reasonably to be expected to harass, drive or pursue any wildlife
Any persons violating any clause or provision of the rules and regulations set forth by the State of Illinois or the Forest Preserves of Cook County pertaining to snowmobiles shall be subject to penalties as established by the Illinois Snowmobile Registrations and Safety Act and by the Forest Preserves Ordinance.