Serve as additional eyes and ears of our Law Enforcement Department. Be a visible presence to help make the Forest Preserves of Cook County welcoming and inviting to all visitors—while you enjoy your favorite outdoor activities.
Requirements and responsibilities include:
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Use the trails on a regular basis (2 visits per month)
- Report any unusual or suspicious activity to the Forest Preserves Police
- Attend a one-time training and orientation session (offered quarterly)
- Attend quarterly meetings and recognition events (optional)
- Having Cell phone is highly recommended
- Have a basic understanding of Forest Preserves rules and policies
- Provide non-enforcement and non-confrontational services to the public
- Background check required
Contact Joanna Huyck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-631-1790 with any questions.